I had a friend growing up whose family never had “real dinner” on Sunday evenings. They always just ate leftovers or made snacks or grabbed whatever random things they could find in the kitchen to eat. I always thought that was a little strange – probably because I care deeply for meal times; they are sacred to me. Just ask Dave who got the raw end of the “It’s time for dinner and you’re not moving your rear out the door to go eat” mood that I sometimes get in, twice this weekend. But as I get older, I understand the Sunday evening non-meal meal more. Sunday evening is spent best when you’re doing nothing productive. Watching The Muppets and eating graham crackers, or reading a book, or writing a simple blog post about nothing in particular… So, in honor of my friend’s random Sunday evening dinner, I’m doing a random Sunday evening blog post.
– I hung out with a lot of babies this weekend. 6 under the age of 7 months, to be exact. Don’t mind that one bit. They’re a cute bunch. Weirdly, I only held one of them. But she was so precious, it made up for not holding the others.
– I’m completely addicted to Draw Something (a game on the cellular telephones, for those of you who haven’t heard of it yet) and I go back and forth between drawings I’m especially proud of (sushi and Rugrats) and drawings that are the worst ever (funeral and Paris).
– I went to three social events this weekend! A new friend’s house, a birthday party, and a book club meeting. I’m not telling you this to be like, “hey, look how cool I am getting invited to THREE THINGS!” Because really, no – I’m definitely not cool. I’m telling you this because it’s a big deal for a couple reasons. 1) I read a book! Two and a half books, actually. I don’t often read books. I always have to tell people when I have read something so I can pretend like one those “smart people” who “read books” and can fit in with “discussions” about “things” and 2) I socialized with people I don’t know very well, which is actually pretty scary to me and I ENJOYED IT. Crazy.
– I started a new art journal this afternoon that’s very different from my other art journals so far. I’m sure I’ll get back to my normal style on accident, but I’m anxious to try some new things.
– Dave and I put an offer on a house on Friday. !!! It’s a 1930’s brick home with SO much historic charm and space (two things our current home doesn’t have a ton of), 2 acres, perfect location, hardwood floors and an old brick fireplace, a barn that used to be a meat locker (future home studio perhaps?), and much need of TLC. I’m a total pro at TLC. The problem is, we most likely won’t get the house because we need to do an FHA loan and it probably won’t be approved for FHA. So even though I love it and we still may possibly get the house, I’m already preparing to be sad about not getting it. Funny how my mind works like that.
– This week is the last week I work at a regular job on a regular schedule, and I’m about 40% nervous and 60% excited. Though those percentages sometimes flip flop. But I’ll have more time to do art things (yay!) and self-starting things (yikes!) and vintage baby clothes things (yay!) and nannying (yay!) and, well… LOTS of other things. It’s a good thing we decided a couple months ago to start doing better with our budgeting, otherwise I would be closer to 80% nervous and 20% excited and Dave would be a solid 0% excited.