I’m a teensy bit overdue for my twice-a-year 25 Things list… and this week needs to be when that it posted. I need a little thankfulness and smiling up in here. Here we go!
25 Things that make me smile right now:
- What I have been calling “flash poetry.” Which is kind of exactly what it sounds like. A very quick poem written without much thought and no editing. It’s theraputic and I’m loving it. The process and the outcomes. These poems are actually decent!
- The band Mumford and Sons
- Google Analytics. I’m watching you.
- Hints of warmer weather
- Laughing with friends. CHEESEFEST, I know. But really, what could be better to do with friends?
- Hope (These three are NOT no brainer smile points that I’m using as filler. They are things I’m working very hard to be thinking about several times a day right now. Light, truth, hope. Light, truth, hope. It feels good, doesn’t it?)
- The multitude of newborns around me and the snuggling they are so happy to share
- FOOD NETWORK. I could watch it all day
- Weekends. oh weekends. Although, I admit, that is sort of just a sneaky way to say something I’m not all smiles about… so I’ll do 26 things.
- Knowing I am about to meet 70 kids who will change my life
- My mentor, Katie
- Embroidery – one needle and thread project that doesn’t make me pull my hair out
- A brand new paper craft project
- This song
- Giant families. Our church is full of huge families with 6 or more kids. I love watching them.
- 4 hour naps after very long and difficult weeks
- Spending Easter morning in a Haitian church
- Can I say light, truth, and hope again?
- Catching up on piles of work
- Both of the fall weddings coming up. Almost time for a new sister and new brother!
- Sidewalk chalk and bubbles in the culdesac
- Corned beef and cabbage. Yeah, I’m as shocked as you are that I like it. But I do… I really do.
- Finally going on a date with Dave tonight. Since we both ruined the prospects of dates last weekend. Yes, Dave… both of us. 🙂
- Finally seeing the sun this week after far, FAR too much gray sky.
What’s got you smiling?